Monday, April 6, 2015

April 6 Dandelion Resilience

for my QTs


Let my roots grow deep
Anchored in soil
Both fertile and abandoned.
I will flourish
Where others dare not grow
Let my leaves unfurl
Radially resplendent their jagged edges
Catch solar breezes
From cloudbursts fallen
Bitterness tempered with wisdom
Let my stem reach high
A living straw drawing skyward
The bounty of groundedness
Bent by gusts and footsteps
But unbroken in defiance
Let my flowers spot manicured lawns
Beside daisy and clover in solidarity
Garlands, tossed circles
Like nets used to catch fairies
Crown yardside royalty and parents alike
Let my seeds be the playthings of children
Granting wishes with puffs of breath
Life spreads through sidewalk cracks
Despite sprays and shovels
Declaring otherwise.
Take me in whole
And I will sustain you
Make wine of my petals
And commune with joy.
Speak wildly of weeds
And walk softly
Always walk softly

No comments: