Thursday, April 2, 2015

April 1: Stuck

You can shake sugar,
shake-a shake the apple tree,
but you'll never shake like glue.
No-sir-ee, I'm gonna stick
the apple,
the stuck you'll never shake.
Gonna run my fingers.
Shake-a shake.
Tighter.
Squeeze.
Because, because
your long black hair
keeps us tied.
I'm gonna grizzly bear
like wild horses
because I'm
stuck, glued sticks
hiding.
In the kitchen. In the hall.
A team of kisses
gonna do you good.
Ain't gonna take a tiger
from love. Grizzly kissin'.
That's how love is gonna keep us tied like side shakes,
like yes-sir-ee
Uh-uh-uh.
I'm gonna stick his daddy's side
tree starts stuck
gonna squeeze apart
Good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I am also attempting 1 poem a day as I did last year. I liked your poem btw, it had a hip swinging rhythm too it.

Unknown said...

Ah! Rebel, I had no idea I was getting comments!